Every day that Jake goes to Chicago for school, and is gone ALL DAY, I resolve that I will spend my night getting all of those things done that I can’t get done during the day (which, let’s be honest here, is EVERYTHING…I don’t get anything but kids done during the day). But, every night, I get those kids to bed and I then somehow end up here. Blogging. Something I don’t have time for, but don’t have the sanity to live without. I’m not a Facebook girl. I don’t feel like you need to know what I am doing every five minutes. I do love to share pictures of my adorable kids. I do get more sentimental about them when they’re out of my hair. I love ‘em again. Even though just a few minutes ago I wanted nothing more than to not see their cute little faces. I keep thinking about a blog post from a friend. She wrote about how ironic it is that by the time you have your fourth baby, you are so much more easy going, so much more able to just ENJOY a baby (including the crying, screaming, sleepless nights, fussiness, etc); but by the time you have your fourth, your life is so full of other responsibilities, it’s hard to make the time to take in that baby like you would like to.
Ah, such is life. Here’s to a few more of those pictures…
Awhile back, we made a quick weekend trip to a lake house about an hour from Madison. On the way in, we stopped in Madison at “The Old-Fashioned”. I read in Rachael Ray about their onion rings. They were ranked top four in the nation. Yeah, they were pretty good. I don’t know about top four, I mean, onion rings are onion rings. Fried onion deliciousness. Worth checking out if you’re in Madison, Wisconsin.
My pediatrician would turn me into social services for this one. Yeah, not only has he had Oreos, but I couldn’t deny him a few onion rings. Jack gives them 5 stars. Way tastier than Cheerios and mushed up bananas and sweet potatoes.
This is one of just a few lake pictures. A few hours after this was taken, Sadie took a dive in the drink. She just stepped off the dock. She had previously REFUSED to keep her life jacket on, Jake and I both ended up in the lake “rescuing” her. (She was FINE, I was there INSTANTLY…Remember this post "Sunk") Anyways, end story, Jake took the camera swimming with him, so the picture fun ends here.
No comments:
Post a Comment