Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Saving Grace

So, I had one of those days today. In fact, it's been one of those weeks. Ty and Brooklyn are constantly at each other's throats. They both like to dish out teasing; neither deals at all with being teased. Fabulous combination. This morning had been a especially challenging morning...Ty had spent half of it in time-out. (The verbal teasing turns physical with Ty; he hits, kicks, bites...) Anyway, I was thrilled when a friend came to take Brooklyn for a playdate for a few hours. As soon as she left, Ty stood at the door and sobbed, "I like Brooklyn. I like Brooklyn. Brooklyn come back to Ty's house. I want Brooklyn to come back to Ty's house." He was a basketcase. Give me a break!? Why are you missing her? So she can tease you and make you cry so you can lash out and then go to time out. What am I missing here? I thought it would be nice for them to have a break from each other. Siblings. Go figure. Good thing I NEVER fought with my sisters...no, NEVER.

1 comment:

Loralee and Bryce said...

Hey, Crazy Mom,

Kid stuff never ends, Danielle decided that since Couru is inside that Doobie should be too. You know the Christmas movie, the bb gun etc. when the dogs come in and eat the Christmas dinner and run through the house. That's almost like it is here.

Loralee