Thursday, July 24, 2008

Our Week





Jake was out of town this week, so I tried to compose emails from each of the kids to tell about the days he was gone. I took all that time to write stuff, so I'll just post exerpts and pictures.


Wednesday, July 22 -- Brooklyn to Daddy

"Last night, Mommy was too busy with her friends to help me send you a letter. But, I'll tell you about my day. In the morning, we went to a fun new swimming pool with our friends from church. When we got there, Abby was there too! (I think Mommy might have planned it that way!) The swimming pool was super fun! The pool had a fun slide that I went on with Ty and Abby. We also had so much fun in the sandbox by the pool. There were lots of fountains in the sandbox where we could turn on water and make a big mess with the sand. Silly Sadie, she ate too much sand.We came home from the pool and ate lunch. Ty and Sadie took naps. While they were taking naps, Abby came over to play. We played with my dresses and Mommy helped us make special Froot Loop necklaces. They were so beautiful. I wish you could have seen mine!"


**Hey, I found a good trick today for making Froot Loop necklaces. I had the girls make them on pipe cleaners. It made it a little harder to get the Froot Loops on, but when they picked up their necklaces midway to check out their work, they didn't all fall off like they would from a string! Pure genius! (okay, desperation!)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

The letters to Jake are darling. What a cute idea! I can't wait to see your kids in the fall (and you too of course).

The Laws' said...

Hey! Also a good way to do it is:
Tie a Froot Loop at one of the ends, that way, as they thread from the opposite side, they don't fall off the bottom!