Sunday, July 13, 2008

What I Didn't Know About Motherhood....

Well, honestly, there was a lot I didn't know about motherhood. But, fortunately, time won't allow for more detail (besides, I think we'd be dealing with some censorship issues). I didn't know being a mom would be so FUNNY.
Today, in the middle of church, amid a rare quiet moment, Brooklyn blurted out "My panties are almost all gone out of my panty drawer". I wouldn't have started laughing unto crying if it weren't for everyone around me laughing...I tried as quietly as possible (and with genuine understanding) to explain to her that we'd do some laundry when we got home.
Later, Brooklyn was playing with the hose and soaked Tyler. Subsequently, I helped Ty soak her back. She sobbed and explained "I didn't want you to water me Mommy. Ty was going to hit me with a stick so I had to water him." As we talked about it, the excuse changed to "I watered Ty because I thought he was a flower!" Where does she get this stuff?

No comments: